this month's theme: the tummy
Recently, the questions I've been getting are related to "tummy" issues (colon, intestines, digestion, etc.). Let me address the cause of these, and ways to heal it.
As you know, ALL physical problems are manifested by us, caused by an emotional problem. You *must* address the emotional problem!
For example, a problem with the colon is caused by holding on to the past, and fear of letting go. The positive affirmation for this is: "I easily release that which I no longer need. The past is over and I am free."
Stomach problems are caused by dread, fear of the new, or inability to assimilate the new. The positive affirmation for this is: "Life agrees with me. I assimilate the new every moment of every day. All is well."
Indigestion is caused by gut-level fear, dread, anxiety, griping and grunting. The positive affirmation for this is: "I digest and assimilate all new experiences peacefully and joyously."
Are you starting to see the pattern? Of course, we are all born with emotional issues passed down from generations, as well as whatever our parents are dealing with when we are conceived and during childhood. These can be healed! Contact me anytime to set up a healing session for you, your friends or loved ones.
As to the physical causes of "tummy" issues, here are my suggestions:
- Drink lots and lots of filtered water (ideally with fresh lemon juice). Almost all of us don't drink enough water. We should be drinking, at a minimum, half our weight in ounces of filtered water every day. If you consume coffee or caffeinated tea or soda, for every ounce of coffee, tea or soda, add another TWO ounces of water (caffeinated drinks are diuretics, and pull the water from our tissues).
- Consume plenty of fiber in the form of fresh vegetables and fruits. Raw is best, and lightly cooked is also OK. This should be 80% of our diet.
- Combine your foods properly! There's an excellent explanation of this in Natalia Rose's book, The Raw Food Detox Diet.
- Avoid processed foods, like sugar, flour and white rice. These are not food anyway, they are all toxic. But to add insult to injury, highly processed foods become GLUE in our bodies, clogging our intestines and colon.
- Get a professional colon hydrotherapy once a month (at least), and do an enema of at least 1 litre of water weekly. This will help keep everything moving, and get the toxins out.
- Happy Tummy essential oil - this excellent blend of oils is made for the Living Foods Institute by Herbs of Light. It contains peppermint, juniper, anise, fennel, ginger room and tarragon in a base of coconut oil. It is anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory. It soothes stomachaches and aids digestion and digestive disorders. It increases circulation through the kidneys, and promotes excretion of uric acid and toxins. It purifies, detoxifies, and is a natural diuretic. It is a digester of toxic materials in the body like cellulite. It helps curb the appetite, expel worms and calm gall bladder contractions, colitis, flatulence and intestinal pain. (This is available on my web site.)
- Herbs of Light herb blends, like Colon Assist, Digestion/Stomach, Health Assist and Parasite. These will all help with overall health and specific digestive issues. I recommend the Parasite blend in particular. We all have parasites, and when our immune systems become compromised, or our pH is too acidic, they can flourish, causing all sorts of symptoms.
- Probiotics! Most people do not get enough probiotics in their diet. In our gut, there are ten bacteria to each one of our cells! So, in order to stay healthy and digest properly, we need to keep those healthy bacteria happy and plentiful. Click on the E3Live link on my web page to get their probiotics. And remember: antibiotics (translation: anti-life) will kill the healthy bacteria in our bodies, causing major damage, especially for children! Antibiotics are never truly necessary, except in some rare life-or-death circumstances. If you or your loved ones has taken antibiotics in the last few years, you are still recovering from that damage, so be sure to take probiotics every day.
- Digestive enzymes (also from E3Live) are almost a necessity, and ARE a necessity if your diet is not mostly raw plant foods. Most of us have used up our finite allotment of enzymes by the time we are in our 20s (these days, it happens much younger). Those enzymes are necessary for ALL our body's functions, for example, to keep your heart beating. When we eat cooked foods and animal products, our enzymes are diverted from what they were *supposed* to be doing, and things start going wrong. Once we use up our enzymes, we don't generate more. So, please, take a digestive enzyme with every meal. It will help break down whatever you have eaten.
- Greens, greens, and more greens. Make sure you get enough fresh, organic greens daily. This is a food group that our bodies need more than anything else, to maintain the proper pH balance and get all the nutrition we need.
If you would like me to work with you to design a plan of health just for you, contact me and I'll be happy to help.